The Asgardians refer to all of the major known inhabited realms of their cosmology as the "Nine Worlds". Only four of the Nine Worlds are located on the main Asgardian landmass: Asgard, home of the Gods, Vanaheim, home of the Asgardian's sister race, the Vanir, Nidavellir, home of the Dwarves, and Alfheim, home of the Light Elves.
Mighty Protectors characters must use the Dimensional Travel ability to reach Asgard or one of its sub-dimensions. Once in the realm of Asgard, characters may travel normally about the continent and are able to gain passage to certain sub-realms. For instance, by traveling into the Asgard Mountains, the characters can reach the portal to Jotunheim or they can get to Svartalfsheim by traveling through the passage in Nidavellir.
- Asgard, the default 'point of arrival' is the spot where the Bifrost Bridge begins. The continent of Asgard includes: Alfheim, Gymirsgard, Gundersheim, Hindi, Kingdom of Harokin, Kingdom of Jolena, Nastrond, Nidavellir, Nornheim, Ringsfjord, Skornheim, Thryheim, Vanaheim, and Valhalla.
- Midgard, or Earth. The default 'point of arrival' when travelling from Asgard to Earth is variable, depending on whether or not the character's Dimension Travel ability has the 'Destination Control' modifier.
- Jotunheim, the home of the storm giants. The default point of arrival should be the foot hills of the Asgard Mountains, with the plains of Jotunheim in view. Note that the Cavern of Time is located in Jotunheim.
- Svartalfheim, the home of the Dark Elves. The default arrival point should be at the entrance to this vast underground kingdom.
- Hel, the Land of the Dead. The default arrival point is the Gnipa Cave, which serves as the entrance to the Helway, and is guarded by a monstrous wolf named Garm. Garm will allow the living to enter, but will prevent anyone leaving without permission from Hela.
- Niffleheim, the Frozen Realm of the Dishonored Dead. The default arrival point should be a spot near the Spring of Hvergelmir.
- Muspelheim, the home of the fire demons. The default arrival point should be a spot farthest from Surtur's Fortress.
1. The leaping distance shown in parenthesis is from my home brew leaping rules.
2. Asgardian culture is not primitive, and is not purely fantasy in nature -- and they do have some weird Kirby-esque tech -- thus I have given most of them the 'Mixed' culture.
3. Inventing points are used as "Sorcery" points for several characters -- such as Karnilla and Loki. To change spells in 1 Round, the character must make a successful IN save with a penalty of -9. For example, to successfully rearrange his sorcery points and cast a new spell Loki, with a base IN save of 14- and a Sorcery bonus of +14, needs to roll a 19-.
|Map of Asgard by Jack Kirby|